Dog Tags
Create Post

Thread: Dog Tags

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Dog Tags

I've been extremely curious as to what Marine dog tags look like. I've done many searchs on several different search engines by typing in things like "USMC dog tags", but all I get is stuff about the army's dog tags. And I know that dog tags look different in every branch of the service. I'm not to sure on it but from what I've gathered on some searches, is this how Marine Corp dog tags are set up in modern day. If I'm wrong then please correct me, if I'm missing anything then please add it. I look forward to any replies.

Last Name
    First Name Middle Initial Blood Type
    Social Security Number
    USMC Gas Mask Size
    Religious Preference

My hubby(fontman) makes PERSONALIZED DOG TAGS...

You can take a peek to see what they look like and the history behind them...

If anyone is interested they can order their own or for a friend....

http://www.thefontman.com/dogtags.html

Ellie

Calvin,
    Get off the computer and start PT'ing. You need to drop a hundred pounds. It won't happen in that chair.
    Out.

Actually, I am pretty sure they all look the same, except for where it says USMC it would say USA for Army, USN for Navy, and USAF for airforce.

Quote Originally Posted by Echo_Four_Bravo
    Actually, I am pretty sure they all look the same, except for where it says USMC it would say USA for Army, USN for Navy, and USAF for airforce.
    You are correct.

I gave dog tags away to two different female companions long gone, it was a relief to get them off my neck, unlike the bar code on Yellowings denims hehehehe

ID tags look exactly the same for each branch with the only change being the Branch that you are in. I have mine safely on some 550 cord and one in my left boot.
    I need to get a few more for my new boots though.

I gave a few dog tags to the fairer sex. I didn't think anything of it at the time. Now, it bothers me. I hate knowing that they have my social security number.

Quote Originally Posted by Echo_Four_Bravo
    I gave a few dog tags to the fairer sex. I didn't think anything of it at the time. Now, it bothers me. I hate knowing that they have my social security number.
    Ya, I used to hang a set on my Jeep rear view mirror until one day while I was sitting in traffic I realized my SSN was on them. Of course I should have known that but it didn't register until then. I wonder if they're going to change that, go back to service numbers, seems these days with so much identity theft that it's not a great idea to have your SSN exposed like that?

Thread Information